The mission of Presque Isle Middle School is to provide all students and staff with a premiere education in a safe and supportive environment. We believe that students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and we hold high expectations for our students and our staff. We support individual teaching and learning styles and provide the opportunity for all to take risks, learn and experience success. As a community of learners we value open communication and accomplishments are shared and celebrated. We strive to promote habits of life long learning to assist our students and staff in becoming responsible, productive and informed members of an ever-changing world.
- All students and staff shall have access to a premier education in a safe, caring environment.
- Student and staff well being is the responsibility of all of us.
- We encourage and support one another’s success.
- The school community holds high expectations for the performance of students, staff and parents.
- We encourage intellectual exploration and risk taking while recognizing that mistakes are part of learning.
- Students and staff actively seek knowledge and make it meaningful to them.
- The school community enjoys working and learning collaboratively.
- We respect individual differences as they contribute to the school community.
- Diversity is valued and respected as part of the learning environment.
- We foster positive leadership skills in students and staff.
- Our instructional programs include/accommodate/embrace multiple learning modalities, styles, intelligences.
- We provide opportunities for parents and community members to support the educational development of their children.